Based on our review of a Mission Forward Plan presented to RMHC Global, we are pleased to announce that RMHC Newfoundland and Labrador is approved to move from the Mission Paused to Mission Renewal (phase 1). Mission Renewal is the critical first phase of return to limited operations. Also, as of this morning, the province moved to “Alert Level 3” with further local restrictions being eased and relaxed.
Every day, families continue to travel to St. John’s for medical reasons with their child. Our mission is needed now more than ever. To balance the need for our programs and services with the health and safety of current families, staff and volunteers, we have developed a four-phased plan titled RMHC NL Mission Forward.
During this phased approach, RMHC NL will take extra measures to ensure the health and safety of everyone at Ronald McDonald House by closely aligning our phases with the epidemiological data and NL Living with COVID-19 Alert levels currently active in our province.
We have implemented new specific criteria for new families, enhanced screening processes, a minimum 14-day waiting period between welcoming new families, among many other preventative measures.
Please see the RMHC NL Mission Forward Summary for details that include the following in Phase 2
- Slow and steady increase in occupancy to support and care for families with sick children
- Limited criteria and added screening protocols for all families requesting accommodations
- Increase daily infectious control precautions including the use of masks in common areas and daily temperature checks.
- Limit use of common areas to only kitchen and laundry facilities with a rotation schedule
- Continue to pause in house Volunteer Program.
- No in house programing conducted by outside groups
- No visitors
While we are anxious to expand our mission to help those families who need our immediate services, we will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and follow the guidance and recommendations of the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
As we now enter Phase 2 of the RMHC NL Mission Forward Plan, we will provide a further updates if there is a need to fall back to Mission Paused or when we decide it is safe to move forward through our phases.
Should you have any questions surrounding RMHC NL Mission Forward Plan, please feel free to contact Family Services at 733-2244 or email email@example.com