Ronald McDonald House Charities Newfoundland and Labrador provides the simple things that put some joy and normalcy back into families lives during a chaotic and traumatic time. Sitting down for a home-cooked meal together, waking up together, under one roof, ready to face the tough day ahead. Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador truly is a place to heal better and together.
Thank you for considering donating an in kind item(s) to Ronald McDonald House. We strive to offer the best possible support for families and all the little things that make Ronald McDonald house a home.
Your in-kind donation will either, reduce operating costs, enhance fundraising events or support our families through our programs. Programs such as:
- Comfort Quilt Program – Each child who visits Our House has an opportunity to choose one quilt from a collection of beautiful handmade quilts that they can keep and take home. These quilts have been generously provided by individuals and/or groups.
- Keeping Families Connected Program – Being away from loved ones for an extended period of time can be very difficult and create added stress. To help keep families connected to home while staying at Ronald McDonald House, families have access to a Home Office, wireless internet, email, and community newspapers and Gifts of Flights from airline partners WestJet and PAL Airlines.
- Magic Room – This room is a very special place the children staying at our House get to visit when they have a successful surgery, get to go home, or are celebrating a special event while staying in the House. The kids get to enter the Magic Room and leave with a brand new gift and a very big smile!
- Special Day Celebrations Program – Just like home, preparations are made to ensure, birthdays are celebrated, everyone gets treats at Hallowe’en and visitors like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny arrive on schedule. If you have a talent you’d like to share with our families please let us know. The possibilities are endless.
- House Pantry – With the help of our generous donors, families have access to a fully stocked House pantry, which includes food staple items, access to toiletries and cleaning supplies.
- Recreation Program – Our House has its own resource center fully stocked with books, craft supplies and games. It also has children’s play areas, video game and movie rooms. Our House also has its own playground for children to play outside and is also conveniently located next to The Grand Concourse; an integrated walkway system, Our families also benefit from time to time with donations to Ronald McDonald House of tickets or passes to sporting events, local fitness centers, movies, special events or concerts.
Our Wish List is updated regularly as we meet new challenges in and address the unique needs of our families.
- If you are thinking about organizing a Wish List Campaign in your area, please contact Christine Morgan at 738-0000 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to register and schedule an appointment for presentation.
- If you would like a tour and/or photo presentation – please call ahead to schedule. otherwise, items can be brought to Ronald McDonald House, 150 Clinch Crescent, St. John’s any day between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- For the health and safety of the families who stay at Ronald McDonald House, we can only accept donations that are new (exceptions only for movies and video games).
- For the same reason we cannot accept:
- pre-prepared food – unless it has been prepared in a commercial licenced kitchen
- plush or stuffed toys for the Magic Room Program unless they are contained in an original packaging. (Unpackaged new plush/stuffed toys can be accepted to support fundraising efforts only)
- For the same reason we cannot accept:
- If you are thinking of donating an item NOT listed below, please contact Christine Morgan, Director, Development & Communications to discuss your donation further at 1-855-955-HOME (4663) or email email@example.com Please note that not all items can be accepted due to need and/or space limitations.
Thank you for your support!
If you would like to support Ronald McDonald House through a gift-in-kind, check out the items we need most on our Wish List below.
Updated September 17, 2019
TOP 3 ITEMS: Large Freezer Bags, High Efficiency Laundry Detergent and Pantry items
|Kitchen – Pantry
Travel Size Shampoo
Travel Size ConditionerTooth Brushes
Non-latex gloves (all sizes)
Swiffer Refills – wet and dry
Scent Free Laundry Detergent – High Efficiency
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Not at this time
new toys ($15-$20 value) for boys or girls – all ages; Infant toys and toys for boys 8-12 years.
Gift Cards $15 (ITunes, Xbox, Movies etc)
Cineplex Gift Cards
Kids Craft Supplies (Stickers, foam, glue etc)
8 ½ X11 White Copy paper
8 ½ X11 White Card Stock
8 ½ X14 Colored Copy paper
Legal file folders (green, orange, yellow, blue or red)
Reusable Adhesive Putty
Black permanent markers
Black Dry Erase Markers
Scrapbook Supplies – (Paper, books, stickers)
Prizes – promotional swag, inventory, gift cards etc
New Stuffed toys
Please contact us to discuss