Ronald McDonald House Charities Newfoundland and Labrador provides the simple things that put some joy and normalcy back into families lives during a chaotic and traumatic time. Sitting down for a home-cooked meal together, waking up together, under one roof, ready to face the tough day ahead. Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador truly is a place to heal better and together.
Thank you for considering donating an in kind item(s) to Ronald McDonald House. We strive to offer the best possible support for families and all the little things that make Ronald McDonald house a home.
Your in-kind donation will either, reduce operating costs, enhance fundraising events or support our families through our programs. Programs such as:
- Comfort Quilt Program – Each child who visits Our House has an opportunity to choose one quilt from a collection of beautiful handmade quilts that they can keep and take home. These quilts have been generously provided by individuals and/or groups.
- Keeping Families Connected Program – Being away from loved ones for an extended period of time can be very difficult and create added stress. To help keep families connected to home while staying at Ronald McDonald House, families have access to a Home Office, wireless internet, email, and community newspapers and Gifts of Flights from airline partners WestJet and PAL Airlines.
- Magic Room – This room is a very special place the children staying at our House get to visit when they have a successful surgery, get to go home, or are celebrating a special event while staying in the House. The kids get to enter the Magic Room and leave with a brand new gift and a very big smile!
- Special Day Celebrations Program – Just like home, preparations are made to ensure, birthdays are celebrated, everyone gets treats at Hallowe’en and visitors like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny arrive on schedule. If you have a talent you’d like to share with our families please let us know. The possibilities are endless.
- House Pantry – With the help of our generous donors, families have access to a fully stocked House pantry, which includes food staple items, access to toiletries and cleaning supplies.
- Recreation Program – Our House has its own resource center fully stocked with books, craft supplies and games. It also has children’s play areas, video game and movie rooms. Our House also has its own playground for children to play outside and is also conveniently located next to The Grand Concourse; an integrated walkway system, Our families also benefit from time to time with donations to Ronald McDonald House of tickets or passes to sporting events, local fitness centers, movies, special events or concerts.
Our Wish List is updated regularly as we meet new challenges in and address the unique needs of our families. If you do not see an item on our Wish List that means we currently have an adequate supply. Check back frequently for updates.
- For the health and safety of the families who stay at Ronald McDonald House, we can only accept donations that are new
- For the same reason we cannot accept:
- used items – with an exception only video games
- pre-prepared food – unless it has been prepared in a commercial licensed kitchen
- plush or stuffed toys for the Magic Room Program unless they are contained in an original packaging that protects them from dust. (Unpackaged new plush/stuffed toys can only be accepted to support fundraising efforts only)
- If you are thinking of donating an item NOT listed on our Wish List below, please contact Christine Morgan, Director, Development & Communications to discuss your donation further at 1-855-955-HOME (4663) or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that not all items can be accepted due to need and/or space limitations.
- If you are thinking about organizing a Wish List Campaign in your area, please contact RMHC NL at 709-738-0000 or email email@example.com to register and schedule an appointment for presentation. Items collected should be focused on items currently on our Wish List.
In Kind donations are still being accepted at Ronald McDonald House – however, all items must be on the Wish List or previously agreed to with the Charity Office.
- Please note for the safety of our families and staff, we have implemented a no-contact drop-off process.
- If you would like a tour and/or photo presentation – please call ahead to schedule your visit in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donations should be made at the Charity Office between Monday and Friday 9am -5pm. If arriving after business hours please contact the Family Services Desk at 733-2244 when you arrive or advise a Family Services team member at the front porch by intercom that you are making a donation from the Wish List.
- A staff person will collect your contact information via telephone or intercom.
- Your donation can be left by the front door or in the porch for a staff person to collect.
- If you are donating a heavy item please bring someone to help you unload the item and wear a mask or mouth covering during the drop-off process.
Thank you for your support!
Check out the items we need most on our Wish List below. Updated December 22nd 2022
Shop Amazon now for household items needed at Ronald McDonald House or donate Amazon Gift Cards!
toaster waffles/strudels (frozen)
Can/Bottle Tomato sauce
baking (raisins, choc chips, coconut)
*please ensure all food items are not near or past the expire date.
|WELCOME HOME PROGRAM
Our Quilt room is now FULL
|MAGIC ROOM PROGRAM
New Gift Cards ($15-$20 value)
Gift Cards (Such as Cineplex, The Rec Room, etc)
Video Games (only accept PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One – can be new or used)
Playstation & XBox cards
We do not accept DVD movies
|RESOURCE CENTRE/ HOME OFFICE
8 ½ X11 White Copy paper
8 ½ X11 White Card Stock
Reusable Adhesive Putty
Event Prizes – promotional swag, inventory, gift cards etc
New Stuffed toys
Please contact us to discuss.
Please note that not all items can be accepted due to need and/or space limitations.