Donate an item from our Wish List
Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador provides the simple things that put some joy and normalcy back into families lives during a chaotic and traumatic time. Sitting down for a home-cooked meal together, waking up together, under one roof, ready to face the tough day ahead. Ronald McDonald House Newfoundland and Labrador truly is a place to heal better and together.
Our House offers the best possible support for families and includes all the little things that make our house a home. Your in-kind donation will either, reduce operating costs, enhance fundraising events or support our families through the following programs:
- Comfort Quilt Program – Each child who visits Our House has an opportunity to choose one quilt from a collection of beautiful handmade quilts that they can keep and take home. These quilts have been generously provided by individuals and/or groups.
- Keeping Families Connected Program – Being away from loved ones for an extended period of time can be very difficult and create added stress. To help keep families connected to home while staying at Our House, families will have access to a Home Office, wireless internet, email, and community newspapers.
- Magic Room – This room is a very special place the children staying at our House get to visit when they have a successful surgery, get to go home, or are celebrating a special event while staying in the House. The kids get to enter the Magic Room and leave with a brand new gift and a very big smile!
- Special Day Celebrations Program – Just like home, preparations are made to ensure, birthdays are celebrated, everyone gets treats at Hallowe’en and visitors like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny arrive on schedule.
- House Pantry – With the help of our generous donors, families have access to a fully stocked House pantry, which includes food staple items, access to toiletries and cleaning supplies.
- Recreation Program – Our House has its own resource center fully stocked with books, craft supplies and games. It also has children’s play areas, video game and movie rooms. Our House also has its own playground for children to play outside and is also conveniently located next to The Grand Concourse; an integrated walkway system, Our families also benefit from time to time with donations to Ronald McDonald House of tickets or passes to sporting events, local fitness centers, movies, special events or concerts.
Our Wish List is updated regularly as we meet new challenges in and address the unique needs of our families. If you would like to support the House through a gift-in-kind, check out the items we need most on our Wish List below.
Updated August 15, 2017
|Kitchen – Pantry
Shampoo – travel size
Conditioner – travel size
Single Hand Soaps
Non-latex gloves (all sizes)
Swiffer Refills – wet and dry
Scent Free Laundry Detergent – High Efficiency
Not at this time
Gift Cards $15 (ITunes, Xbox, Movies etc)
Cineplex Gift Cards
Special event tickets
Disney DVD movies (can be used)
Video Games (only PS4, WiiU, Xbox One – can be used)
8 ½ X11 White Copy paper
8 ½ X11 White Card Stock
8 ½ X14 Colored Copy paper
Legal file folders (green, orange, yellow, blue or red)
Reusable Adhesive Putty
Black permanent markers
Black Dry Erase Markers
Scrapbook Supplies – (Paper, books, stickers)
Snow clearing bill
New Stuffed toys (fundraising)
If you are thinking about organizing a Wish List Campaign in your area, please contact Christine Morgan at 738-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to register and schedule an appointment for presentation.
If you would like a tour and/or photo presentation – please call ahead to schedule. otherwise, items can be brought to Ronald McDonald House, 150 Clinch Crescent, St. John’s any day between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
For the health and safety of the families who stay at Ronald McDonald House, we can only accept donations that are new (exceptions only for movies and video games).
For the same reason we cannot accept plush or stuffed toys for the Magic Room Program unless they are contained in an original packaging.
If you are thinking of donating an item not listed above, please contact Christine Morgan, Manager, Development & Communications at 1-855-955-HOME (4663) or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that not all items can be accepted due to space limitations and need.
Thank you for your support!